Sunday 21 July 2013

Busy Weekend

Started on Friday in Kent at the War and Peace Revival - a new show? Or one which has moved about 40 miles from Hop Farm? Dunno but it was bloody huge. And very hot.

There was plenty to see and plenty to buy.

Kettenkrad for sale (I daren't ask the price...)

Germans making ready to kick the Americans butt in the mock battle (yeah it is a load of old fanny but they seem to have fun):-

Some of the re-enactors take it a bit seriously...

Nice Kubelwagen:-

ME109 replica:-

There was some `Peace' stuff there too:-

Mercury Cougar was nice:-

And a nicely patinated 20s or maybe 30s Harley. Spot of WD40 should sort it out:-

And a lovely Chevy pickup (I wanted to take this home):-

Surprisingly there were a lot of vintage clothes stalls there, and more Hawaiian shirts than I've seen in a long while.

A very good day out.

Saturday me and Matt went to look at this:-

Its a 1972 VW Type 2 `Bay Window' camper with a watercooled Audi 80 engine transplant.

The inside is a bit 1970s Hammer Horror:-


It has a Westphalia camper interior with rock'n'roll bed. All a bit dated but ain't that why people buy 1970s campers?
The arse end:-
Anyhow, after a good hour or so of prodding and poking and a bit of a ride out we did a deal and its coming to live with me. Apparently its called Toby. Not too sure about naming vehicles myself but we'll see how we get on.
And then today I went out on this around the Vale of the White Horse:-
Its only a month til Ireland and I've only done 10 miles on her since changing the rings and adding an oil ring. I needed to know that all was well. So, 70 miles later, no nipping up, and next to no oil consumed. Success!

Huw was riding his 1912 Ariel TT:-
Lovely bike and it goes like stink.

No comments:

Post a Comment