Saturday 6 July 2013

Binna Rong Time

Since I did owt on this blog, so here goes yet another update:-

Been out and about a lot. Went to Switzerland, which was shite, but mainly Tilbury, Great Yarmouth and Pembroke.

The Pembroke job has allowed me to get in a lot more surf time, cos I need time in the water to improve. Now I'm catching bigger waves I find I'm not popping up quickly enough. Need to figure out this sitting on the board lark too.

Newgale:-


And Coney Beach at Porthcawl:-

My first time at Coney and it turned out to be a good un. Nice waves but more crowded that I am used to. And I was a bit shagged out after battling with the Newgale froth.

Been out doing the stuntplank with Bob, Wayner, Ricker and the Cretesham Boyos, also used the DoomRamp a lot more:-

Sunny Cretesham 2:-

Even managed to have a decent slam, twatting my knee, elbow and wrist all in one go:-

Went to TankFest as well, which was good but bloody hot:-

I've fixed up the old 1930 Ariel now - all back together and running. Need to put a few miles on the old girl before I head off to Ireland in August (and change the ancient back tyre too).

About a month ago I saw a push bike in a skip. It looked OK so I asked if I could have it. Gave it a wash, wiped off the caked on oil and crud and rode it to work the next day:-

The legendary 5-speed Raleigh Pacer. The tyres could be better but hold air so I'll leave it til they fall apart. Just needs some handlebar tape. Total cost - about 3 quid. Bargain! Check out the old skool lighting rig.

So bang up to date - today its ferking boiling and I have free time so I rode the SkipRacer into Swindon, did a bit of browsing round the charidee shops and bought some records:-

A motley collection indeed but I like em. The Van Halen 12" is as good as new.

I even rode up to Old Town, which on the SkipRacer is like a Category 1 climb on the Tour de France. In Old Town there is a good off-licence, so I got a couple of bottles for later:-


And now its decision time - into the garage and get fettling the old nails, go out for a ride on the 30, or head up to the DoomRamp for a roll in a boiling hot garage....hmmm....or do fuck all.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there I found your VW van post while searching for my parents’ old van EOE 93K. I have had posts out on various forums (if you google EOE 93K you’ll see a couple pop up!) for a number of years so was amazed to then find it through a google images search! My parents owned it while we were kids back in the 70s and 80s. I’ve since got a very similar T2 van but would really love to see the old original one and, depending on your plans with it, could be interested in buying. Could you let me know if you’d be open to meeting me to discuss? Hope to hear from you. James Beverley. My direct email is jcbeverley@gmail.com and I’d be happy to send you my phone number.

    ReplyDelete