Sunday 19 July 2009

Ariel Club Swindon Rally

It was the Swindon Branch rally this weekend so I took the 38 Red Hunter out for a blast on a thankfully dry day. Despite noticing that the bearings in the rear wheel were a bit loose, and having to wave the spanners even before I'd started the engine, the bike performed much better than the last ride out. Must have been fuel starvation. Had a great ride tooling round the leafy lanes of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire.
The assembled rallyists at Bill Littles Bike Barn:-

My 1938 Red Hunter complete with stealth technology fuel tank (they just can't see me on the radar til its too late):-

Take me to your Leader (its an Ariel joke....):-


Rounded the run off with a pint in the Old Bear Inn in Cricklade with Hemingways and Rollins and a tidy pie from the butchers. Nice.

Big thanks to John and Sandy Ellis for organising the run and all the rallyists for supporting our Branch event.

No comments:

Post a Comment